- The Giants were thought to have bid on Hiroyuki Nakajima, but John Shea soon said that report was inaccurate, and now there’s confirmation: according to Andrew Baggarly, Brian Sabean said he did not bid on Nakajima. Oh well.
- Cody Ross is looking for a three-year deal, which is pretty ridiculous. Sabean isn’t ruling out Ross, however, reports Baggs.
- Several teams have asked about Jed Lowrie, who would make sense for the Giants for obvious reasons. He’s hit .252/.324/.408 over his career thus far, but he’s constantly battling injuries.
- The Giants are willing to trade Jeff Keppinger, Andres Torres, and Ramon Ramirez, each of whom is arbitration-eligible. I’ve looked at Keppinger and Torres in the past as non-tender candidates.
- As noted earlier, the Giants supposedly scheduled a meeting with Ryan Ludwick.
- Jerry Hairston Jr. is out of the picture — he signed with the Dodgers.
- According to Jim Bowden, the Giants have spoken with Carlos Beltran and other bats. He also tweets that, via Bruce Bochy, San Francisco is looking for starting pitching depth behind Barry Zito.
- The Giants have reached out to Tim Lincecum regarding a new contract, but there’s nothing substantial in the works yet.
- There will be no Giants deals tonight.
- Andrew Baggarly has lots more notes posted over at Extra Baggs.